FOR INFORMATIONS AND CONTACT: ALEX RICCI +39 339 298 0293
22 april 2017
The ‘la lunga bolina’ 2017 race will start and finish in Riva di Traiano (Port of Riva Trajan) leaving from the race start the course takes us out to sea to the Argentario archipelago and will also include the circular route of the following islands: Isola Di Giannutri, Giglio and Formiche di Grosseto. With passages between the headlands and islands taking advantage of the weather conditions.
DURATION OF THE REGATTA: 4 days
CREW PLACES AVAILABLE: 8 People
Passage Plan and itinerary. Navigation. Watch system. Roles on board and weather information.
This offshore race is suitable for everyone; Crew members should have some sailing experience, including:
· Having participated in a minimum of two J.S.A courses during 2016 and 2017.
· Participated in races with JUNOPLANO during 2015 and 2016.
· Previous offshore racing experience with a relevent C.V.
The crew will meet on Saturday 22nd April by 10.00 o’clock at the Port of Riva di Traiano
Saturday 22.04.2017. 11.00 hours – Registration of the boat at the race office. Safety brief and introduction to preparing a yacht for sea. Preparing the sails that are to be used relevent to the weather conditions.
Emergency procedures. Securing and stowage of all gear on and below deck. Information on sail selection and trimming for all weather conditions. Rope work. Knowledge of facilities below deck including the galley.
Sunday. 23.04.2017. 09.00 hours Preparing the boat for 20 to 40 nautical mile coastal race in the waters off the port of Riva di Traiano. This is an ideal training opportunity for the crew before the actual regatta. At the end of the day there will be a full crew debriefing.
Monday. 24.04.2017. Race Day. Expect to be sailing for just over one day for the 170 nautical miles of racing (or longer if there are light winds). But it will give you the experience of countless duals of sailing up and down wind.
Below is an example of one of the 2016 race courses.
· Experienced Skipper and First Mate.
· Lunch, snacks and drinks on board for training days
· All meals on board for the La Lunga Bolina Race
· Race entry fees and yacht expenses - Calor gas, diesel / fuel etc.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
· Personal Locator beacons (PLB) – (€50.00 on board hire available)
· Life jacket, safety line, strobe light. (€30.00 on-board hire available.)
· Wet Weather high visibility waterproofs. (€10.00 on-board hire available.)
· Nightlight/headlamp with red and white light. (€10.00 on-board hire available.)
· Non marking deck shoes, sailing waterproof boots.
· Personal travel and hotel expenses for the duration of the event.
· Meals, beverages and snacks consumed off the boat.
COST: 400,00 EURO
NEWSLETTER - Stay up to date on our sailing programs and events
You will periodically receive the events calendar, with the courses and races of Junoplano Sail Academy programme throughout the year.
Junoplano Sail Academy
Marina di Carmelo