FOR INFORMATIONS AND CONTACT: ALEX RICCI +39 339 298 0293
Starting in 2017 and for the next three consecutive years, the Napoli Three Gulfs will be part of a new, prestigious event: the Rolex Capri Sailing Week, organized by C.R.V. Italy, representing the Italian Yacht Club and in collaboration with the Yacht Club Capri and Aniene Rowing club.
The first regatta of the year starts on May 5th and offer levels of seamanship to all participating sailors, owners of various types of boats, with the chance to compete in races of a high technical level in a setting of extraordinary beauty.
In its 63rd year, on May 5th, the race commences with its traditional midnight race start time. Preceeded during the day with lunch on the terraces of the CRV Italy.
All participating boats will be berthed within the picturesque port of Santa Lucia. The race finish is in the beautiful island of Capri, after a route of approximately 150 nautical miles. The boats and crews will be able to stay here for a few days after completing the race.
DURATION OF THE REGATTA: 3 days
CREW PLACES AVAILABLE: 8 People
This offshore race is suitable for everyone; Crew members should have some sailing experience, including:
· Having participated in a minimum of two J.S.A courses during 2016 and 2017.
· Participated in races with JUNOPLANO during 2015 and 2016.
· Previous offshore racing experience with a relevent sailing C.V.
Thursday. 04.05.2017. 18.00 hours. Our crew will meet at C.R.V. ITALY. Later the same evening at 20.00 hours a dinner and a organization briefing will be given for the following day.
Friday. 05.05.2017. 09.00 hours. Registration of the boat at the Race Office. The crew will be given a Safety brief and Emergency procedures introduction. Preparation of the yacht for racing. Securing and stowage of all gear on and below deck. Preparing and selection of the sails that are to be used relevent to the weather conditions and briefing on sail trimming, for all possible weather conditions. Rope work. Knowledge of facilities below deck, including the galley.
Also included in the briefing will be Passage Plans, itinerary, navigation and watch system details. Crew roles on board and finally up to date weather information.
A training sail will be undertaken, prior to the race, to enable you to become accustomed to the boat.
Friday. 24.00 hours. Race Start. An incredible opportunity to experience starting a race at midnight. Expect to be sailing for just over one day for the 170 nautical miles of racing (or longer if there are light winds). But it will give you the experience of countless duals of sailing up and down wind against all the other competitors within the three bays of Napoli.
· Skipper and First Mate services.
· Yacht, gas and diesel.
· Use of facilities on-board.
· Race entry fees.
· Meals, drinks and snacks on-board.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
· Personal Locator beacon. (PLB) – (€ 50 on board rental)
· Life jacket, safety line, strobe light. (€15.00 on-board hire available.)
· Wet Weather high visibility waterproofs. (€50.00 on-board hire available.)
· Nightlight/headlamp with red and white light. (€10.00 on-board hire available, if yours is deemed unsuitable.)
· Non marking deck shoes, sailing waterproof boots.
· Personal travel and hotel expenses for the duration of the event.
· Meals, beverages and snacks consumed off the boat extra to the racing organisation.
NEWSLETTER - Stay up to date on our sailing programs and events
You will periodically receive the events calendar, with the courses and races of Junoplano Sail Academy programme throughout the year.
Junoplano Sail Academy
Marina di Carmelo