FOR INFORMATIONS AND CONTACT: ALEX RICCI +39 339 298 0293
21-28 august 2017
The Palermo-Monte Carlo race starts traditionally with a warm welcome at the headquarters of the Circolo della Vela Sicilia in Siracusa with an amazing dinner offered to the all the crews on the last night ashore.
The regatta takes place in the hottest time of the year, August. The start is in the charming Gulf of Mondello (PA), the first gate is abeam of Porto Cervo in Sardinia, Then the Straits of Bonifacio. This is a challenging passage where it is hoped to arrive during the day light hours.
At the exit of the Straits, we begin the course directly to Monte Carlo, with a long run of 180 nautical miles
The warm welcome at the Yacht Club de Monaco on arrival marks the end of the race. But not of the festivities. Indeed, the award ceremony venue and the marina for boats and crew is breathtaking.
DURATION OF THE REGATTA
7 days (depending on weather conditions) days
CREW PLACES AVAILABLE: 8 People
Minimum age 18
Crew members should have some sailing experience, including:
· Excellent knowledge of sailing manoeuvres whilst cruising or racing (send Sailing CV)
· Experience level - minimum 2 courses in 2016 or 2017, and participation in ‘Cyclops’ route and a race during 2017 with J.S.A.
· Experience level - J.S.A. 24 hour course on the open sea and an offshore race during 2017
On arrival, for the crew who only complete the passage to Palermo, prior to the race training days. There is the possibility of sleeping onboard for the first six members. Or if you wish you can book a nearby hotel.l
Training and race days of the PALERMO – MONTECARLO race, the race crew will sleep on board.
Welcome evening in PALERMO Team Meeting in the Villa Igea Marina, Palermo at 7:00 pm . We will have a welcome dinner, so that all the crew get to meet each other.
Day 1. Training day:- Race registration. Team briefing and yacht and systems familiarisation.
Day 2. Training Sail. Sailing out 20 to 40 miles off the coast in the Golf of Palermo, which is an ideal training opportunity for us before the actual race itself.
The day will end with a debriefing to all the team.
Monday 21.8.2017 - Race start. We are expecting to complete the 500 mile course in 4 days, all dependent on weather and sea conditions.
Crew once having return from the race can depart to return home once the boat is in order, or stay in Monte Carlo for the awards. Those who are planning to return home immediately, we would recommend that you book the flight Friday 28th August, at the earliest.
COST: 1250,00 Eur
WHAT'S INCLUDED: -
· Full use of the yacht by following the rules of common sense
· Experienced Skipper and First Mate.
· Lunch, snacks and drinks on board for training days
· All meals on board during the Palermo to Monte Carlo Race
· Race entry fees and expenses - Calor gas, diesel / fuel etc)
· Uniform crew (shirt and t-shirt boat)
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
· Personal Locator beacons (PLB) – (€ 50 on board rental)
· Life jacket, safety line, strobe light. (€15.00 on-board hire available.)
· Wet Weather high visibility waterproofs. (€50.00 on-board hire available.)
· Nightlight/headlamp with red and white light. (€10.00 on-board hire available.)
· Non marking deck shoes, waterproof sailing boots.
· Personal travel and hotel expenses for the duration of the event.
· Meals, beverages and snacks consumed onshore.
If you wish to participate in the J.S.A Palermo to Monte Carlo offshore race,
We would advise that you contact us to discuss your experience with our Principal.
Please contact us at
Mobile : +39 339 2980293
NEWSLETTER - Stay up to date on our sailing programs and events
You will periodically receive the events calendar, with the courses and races of Junoplano Sail Academy programme throughout the year.
Junoplano Sail Academy
Marina di Carmelo