FOR INFORMATIONS AND CONTACT: ALEX RICCI +39 339 298 0293
The scenic stages in this race are among the most striking of the Tyrrhenian Sea. As soon as we leave Vibo Marina, the Gulf of Santa Eufemia opens up in front of us as we set sail.
Along the coast of the gods, up to Capo Vaticano, to Su Lipari, an island on our right hand side. The channels between Vulcan and Salina can be challenging because of the sea currents and winds that change direction due to the heights of the islands .
Stromboli, stands 926 m (3,034 ft) is one of three active volcanos in Italy. has been in almost continuous eruption for the past 2,000 years. Known as the ‘Lighthouse of the Mediterranean’ by ancient navigators is approximately twenty-five miles away. We try to view this island at night due to the active minor volcanic eruptions, often visible from many points on the island and from the surrounding sea
Enjoying the spectacle of the geological feature of the ‘Sciara del Fuoco’ ("Stream of fire") on the NW side of the cone. Sailing to Tropea, after which we return to the Carmelo di Vibo Marina.
EVENT DURATION: 4 Days
CREW PLACES AVAILABLE: 8 People
This offshore race is suitable for everyone; Crew members should have some sailing experience, including:
· Participated in 2 min trainings courses with J.S.A. in 2017.
· Participated in races with JUNOPLANO during 2015 and 2016.
· Experience in offshore races and a suitable sailing CV.
Thursday, 10.00 hours: The crew will meet at the Marina Carmelo di Vibo.
11.00 hours: The crew will have a Safety with Emergency procedures brief. An introduction to preparing a yacht for sea. Preparing the sails that are to be used relevant to the weather conditions.
Securing and stowage of all gear on and below deck. Information on sail selection and trimming for all meteorological conditions. Rope work.
Knowledge of facilities below deck, front stowage areas personal amenities and of course including the galley.
Passage Plan and itinerary. Navigation. Watch system. Roles on board and forthcoming weather information.
16.00 hours: Coastal introductory sail. This day will end with a debriefing with full crew
Friday. 10.00 hours: Preparing the boat for 40-50 coastal miles out into the Gulf of Santa Eufemia as an ideal training opportunities for the crew before the regatta.
This day will end with a debriefing with full crew.
Saturday. Race Day. Expect to be sailing for just over one day for the 170 nautical miles of racing (or longer if there are light winds). But it will give you the experience of countless duals of sailing up and down wind.
· Experienced Skipper and First Mate.
· Lunch, snacks and drinks on board for training days.
· All meals on board for the Cyclops Route - 4 day Race.
· Race entry fees and yacht expenses - Calor gas, diesel / fuel etc.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
· Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) – (€50.00 on board hire available)
· Life jacket, safety line, strobe light. (€30.00 on-board hire available.)
· Wet Weather high visibility waterproofs. (€10.00 on-board hire available.)
· Nightlight/headlamp with red and white light. (€10.00 on-board hire available.)
· Non marking deck shoes, sailing waterproof boots.
· Personal travel and hotel expenses for the duration of the event.
· Meals, beverages and snacks consumed off the boat.
NEWSLETTER - Stay up to date on our sailing programs and events
You will periodically receive the events calendar, with the courses and races of Junoplano Sail Academy programme throughout the year.
Junoplano Sail Academy
Marina di Carmelo